Leftover Lentil Soup Veggie Burgers by Jasmine Briones
This easy, vegan, and oil-free lentil veggie burger recipe from Jasmine Briones @sweetsimplevegan is one of our absolute favorites. It's a fast, easy, wholesome, and delicious way to make vegan sloppy joe's in a snap.
Cook Time: 21 Minutes
Prep Time: 21 Minutes
1 box Right Foods Organic Lentil Vegetable with Kale Soup
1 cup rolled oats
1 tbsp flax meal
2 tbsps chickpea flour
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tsp dried chives
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt to taste
1/4 onion sliced thin
any additional fillings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Strain the soup but reserve the liquid. Let it sit in strainer over a bowl for about 5 minutes to drip excess liquid, stirring often.
- Add the strained soup into a food processor, along with the remaining ingredients for the patties. Scoop out 1/3 cup sized scoops, and form into 4 patties.
- Place onto lined baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, then bake for a further 6 minutes.
- As the patties bake, prepare your onions. Add your sliced onions to a pan, along with 1/4 cup of the strained liquid. Sauté over medium heat. When the liquid begins to cook off, add in 1/4 cup of the liquid at a time and if you run out, simply add in water. Continue cooking until the onions caramelize, about 11-12 minutes.
- To assemble, add in a lentil burger and caramelized onions. Add whatever fillings your heart so desires and enjoy!